1. Hemp is the most productive, practical, and profitable biomass farm crop on Earth – it is free of sulfur and other contaminants & could theoretically replace coal if first turned into charcoal bricks. Think about what it would mean for China & the world if we could close the carbon loop that is beginning to threaten our very existence on Earth!
2. Fabrics made from Hemp are stronger, have better thermal properties, more absorbent and more durable than cotton. Treated with an enzymatic process, textile mills can spin and weave hemp fiber as smooth as silk and as intricate as lace.
3. In Spain and elsewhere, hemp pulp is processed to make specialty cigarette paper and the special paper used in books such as bibles. Hemp paper thousands of years old proves it is the superior pulp.
4. Compressed agricultural fiberboard (CAF) using Hemp offers outstanding resistance to shock waves and earthquakes, have good insulating qualities with thermal performance on par with solid wood, but have only 40% of the density of wood making for a lighter structural product. They are more resistant to mold and decay than wood with no toxic fumes.
5. The hemp core itself has a very low lignin content that is not only perfect for paper, but extruded plastics as well. With its high proportion of cellulose, the only thing stopping the change from petrol-based plastic is enough steady supply.
6. Hempcrete is a concrete substitute that is fast becoming a superior method to constructing building walls.
It is up to us, the next generation of consumers to seek out these products and demand sustainable alternatives, for it makes good economic & social sense to legalize its demonized sister marijuana. This in turn would usher in the return of industrial hemp & ease the burden on our Justice system. Incarcerating peaceful men & women that smoke marijuana is wrong & needs to stop! There are no excuses left from protectionists. The light is shining on policy makers now to show us what they truly stand for; Protecting their rich friend’s interests, or our shared planet & its citizens? Please Mr. Presidente, adopt a new industry that will create thousands of good paying jobs today, (not every 40 years from trees) while enhancing the air that we all take for granted.
I truly believe that governments around the world would all agree that a new, sustainable industry would help their economies grow & expand- And its citizens would rejoice. The results are in- Ihemp is the future.
– Shout out to Chris Conrad, pioneer & author of ‘ Hemp- Lifeline to the Future.’